Car Barn Condominium
- Address: 1400 East Capitol Street, NE Washington, DC 20003
- Units: 196
- Stories: 4
- Delivered: 2004
- Ownership: Condominium
- Location: East Capitol Street NE between 14th Street and 15th Street
- Neighborhood: Capitol Hill
- Click here to see what the “Walk Score” is for this location.
- Click here to see the Yelp rated restaurants near this location.
- Metro: Stadium-Armory Station is closest metro, 6-7 blocks away, 192 19th St SE, Washington, DC 20003
- Click here to see nearby schools and their ratings.
- Property Management: Pier Associates 202-337-9000
- Website with building history: https://www.nps.gov/nr/travel/wash/dc88.htm
The Romanesque Revival building was designed by Waddy Butler Wood in 1896. It was built as a part of the conversion of Streetcars in Washington, D.C. to electric traction. In 1962, it was used to store buses. In 1973, the DC Transit Company was acquired by Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, and the building was vacant. A private developer purchased the property and developed it into condominiums.  The building was added to the National Register of Historic Places on February 5, 1974.
What financing options are available for this condominium?
CONVENTIONAL: there may be many different conventional loan options available with varying down payments and terms. Please contact Brian Martucci for specifics if you want to get a conventional loan to purchase this condominium or any other condominium.
VA: as of 03-20-2021 this condo is VA Approved, but that can change at any time, please double check current status by clicking here. Enter city/state and the condo name.
FHA: as of 03-20-2021 this condo was not approved on the “FHA Approved Condo” list, it was formerly FHA approved but that approval has expired. Enter city/state and the condo name. Click here to double check the current status
Need Mortgage Help?
Need to get pre-approved to make an offer in this condominium, or any others?
Or schedule a call to talk to Brian and ask some questions first.
Or feel free to email any questions directly to Brian.