There are many Realtor tools and resources mentioned in the above video and you can view them by going to Tools > For Realtors on GetLoans.com. This video briefly shows all the mortgage resources I have available for real estate professionals and what services I offer my Realtor partners.
Real estate agents wear many hats and the mortgage process is not always a top priority to understand. For a Realtor to have a specific knowledge of mortgages and partner with a reliable mortgage lender can be a major help. Many banks that provide mortgage resources on their websites offer links that give a general overview about mortgages and different loan types. That is good information, but isn’t that more for a mortgage lender to know? Here is a general list of topics that I think Realtors should know:
- Condo Loans
- Loan Amounts
- Interest Rates
- Types of Lenders
- Types of Loans
This may seem like a lot at first. Luckily, you don’t have to be an expert on the mortgage process or spend most of your time on it. You only have to know some key points about each topic. I provide these types of key points and valuable time-saving tips here: Blogs: Realtor Specific Topics. Each section has a few blogs that will focus on what a Realtor should know and be aware of throughout the mortgage process.
There are three good reasons a Realtor should have an understanding of these specific mortgage topics.
- Be able to answer general mortgage questions to their clients. Not only is it helpful to your clients to give knowledgeable answers to their questions, but it also gives you more credibility in your field by being knowledgeable in others.
- To refer a lender to home buyers who they can rely on. The more you know about the mortgage process the more you can be sure you are making the right lender referral. I cannot stress enough how important it is to have an experienced and responsive lender that will guide your clients successfully through the home buying process. Delays can create havoc and may affect your client’s ability to buy their home.
- Access to resources that help you and your clients succeed. To have a lender who will give you valuable information, with tips on condo loans, underwriting rules, and loan transaction checklists. Ask yourself if you have a lender that publicly provides this sort of data online for all to see and use.
Unlike many other Lenders I provide resources and strategies to help my Realtor partners achieve success.
- RatePlug is a tool I use to provide my Realtor partners co-branded open house flyers. Also, a marketing presentation with an interactive mortgage product and payment comparison that has proven useful for home buyers. This is an online tool that has real-time qualifying loan program and payment comparisons within a MLS property.
- Reviews are very important in today’s online search. Before someone decides on which Lender to go with, it is very likely they will look up the reviews on Google, Yelp, Zillow or even Facebook. Don’t you? When you become a partner of mine, I’ll provide you access to my guide on how to get reviews from your clients on Yelp, Zillow, and Google+. Watch these videos about Customer Reviews on my YouTube channel.
- TucciTV for Your Clients to refer to about the mortgage process and get answers to some of their questions. Even if I am not their lender you can direct them to these videos to help with all kinds of mortgage topics.
- Underwriting Rules is a list of seven rules with examples and descriptions that will help you better understand mortgage underwriting.
- RealtorMatch connects my partners to clients that I work with. More leads couldn’t hurt, am I right?
If you are interested in becoming a partner, connect with me to find out more information.
Allow me to make a Listing Agent’s life easier by providing “condo counseling” to a condo board or buyer. I can show how condos can appeal to a larger selection of potential buyers. Need advice on how to apply for FHA or VA condo approval, no problem. Also, I can provide insight on what a lender looks for in a condo applicant as well as what they look for in a condo.
Lastly, check out my loan transaction checklist for Realtors in California and other states. It lists the questions you should ask your client and the documents you will need to keep track of. The most important resource is to have a great mortgage checklist. If anything, review the checklist first and learn about the details it asks about along the way.
Sometimes it’s not about what the Realtor can do for the lender; I try to show how it can be what the lender can do for the Realtor.