When you move into a new home there are numerous tasks to track. It is almost impossible to keep everything organized, unless you keep track through a task list or use some sort of technology tool.
Although the closing will seem like a long time off once you get under contract for a new home, it will all happen quickly. And a lot of tasks related to moving into your new home require a lot of advance notice! It is time to start planning things ASAP, do not procrastinate. The below will help.
As far as technology, there are a lot of apps to help when moving into a new home. Whenever you are reading this click here for a Google search on the latest apps to help you move. A short list as of the date of this blog are:
- Get your utilities set up to start on the closing date, the below sites will help for each specific area listed. If you do not see your area listed simply do a google search for “utilities setup” or “utilities startup” for your area.
- And click here for a thorough utilities checklist that will help in any area.
Updating your mailing address:
- Update your mailing address with USPS, click here.
- Also update your mailing address online at places such as Amazon.com, banks, credit cards, insurance companies, etc.
- Also update it in phone apps like Uber, Lyft, TaskRabbit, Grubhub, DoorDash, and anything that needs an accurate address for shipping or delivery.
Drivers license change needed or need to register your car in a new state? Click here for help.
During or after the move will you need help finding a new dog walker, pet sitter, or place to board your pet? Click here.
Car Shipping needed?
I can give you a few suggestions but please do your own homework and vet your ultimate selection carefully. I have had hit and miss success with car shippers. It’s a very complicated business and you have to ask a lot of questions related to who insures the car, point-to-point shipping, costs, deposits, final payment, what happens at delivery, taking pictures and/or video of the car prior to shipping to assure it arrives in the same condition, etc.
You can try the below: